Suppose artinya "Andaikan/Seandainya"
- I suppose you'll be meeting Danielle when you go to Paris?
- When you weren't there, I supposed you must have been held up.
- I suppose you two know each other?
'suppose' tidak umum digunakan dalam bentuk Continuous. Kita tidak boleh mengucapkan 'I am supposing'.
- Now I suppose we'll have to do something else.
- We're waiting for John and I suppose he must be stuck in traffic.
- At this moment I suppose it doesn't matter
Ketika kita merespon sebuah pendapat dengan 'suppose', kita dapat menambahnya dengan 'so' untuk menghindari pengulangan apa yang sudah diucapkan sebelumnya.
- Is Susan coming to this meeting? ~ -I suppose so.
'Supposed to be' artinya 'Katanya/Dipercaya'.
- The new James Bond movie is supposed to be excellent.
- He is supposed to have been rude to Mark but I don't believe it.
- It is supposed to be the best restaurant in town.
'Supposed to be' dapat juga digunakan untuk berbicara tentang sesuatu yang sudah disusun atau diharapkan. Artinya sama dengan 'should' (seharusnya).
- I'm supposed to get to work by 8.
- John is supposed to turn off all the lights when he leaves.
- I'm supposed to pay my rent on the first of the month.
'Suppose' dapat juga digunakan sebagai Conjunction yang artinya 'Bagaimana Jika'.
- Suppose we take the earlier train to Munich? It would give us more time there. ~ Suppose we took the plane instead? That would give us even more time.
- There's nobody in reception to let our visitors in. ~ Suppose I sit there until somebody comes?
- I'm going to ask him for a pay increase. ~ Suppose he said 'no'? What would you do?